The Incredible Guide To Fun Foods
Spend your weekend at the Eat India Company Food Fest that aims to bring together connoisseurs of food through interactive workshops and fun pop-ups. For those who believe in the age old, ‘variety is the spice of life’ will enjoy the live cooking theatre that will showcase various celebrity chefs whipping up signature dishes. To give you a sneak peek, we’ve curated a bunch of exciting tips and tricks from the instructors of these workshops.
3 Things You Didn’t Know About Cheese-Tasting
1. Smell your cheese first. Just like wine-tasting, it is said to enhance the taste of the cheese.
2. Slice your cheese. Pass a knife through to see the texture of the cheese, the smoothness or dryness of the cheddar.
3. How old is your cheese? You pinch the cheese slice between your thumb and index finger to understand the age of the cheese.
(Inputs by Nikhil Agarwal of Fortune Gourmet)
3 Things You Should Know About Chocolate-Making
1. Never hurry chocolate. Keep away from water and always use a double boiler when cooking with it.
2. Make sure the nuts are well-roasted.
3. To love the chocolate you are working on, taste many, but buy the one you like, and automatically what you make would be rocking.
(Inputs by Zeba Kohl of Fantasie Chocolates)
How To Paint With Marshmallows? (and eat them too)
1. It is extremely important that the marshmallows are made fresh, are well heated and in a semi-solid state just before the process of painting.
2. After the marshmallows are heated, edible colours are to be mixed with the solution.
3. Once the edible-coloured semi-solid marshmallow solution is ready, we take the solution onto a paint brush and compose any artwork we want on a canvas. Hence the solution needs to be smooth. Depending on the shape and flow, the artwork needs to be dried properly and the edges are to be seen so that when it solidifies we can directly pick it off the canvas and eat it.
(Inputs by Wisk by Cakesmiths)
The Eat India Company Food Fest will take place on the 12th and 13th of December at the Mahalaxmi Race Course, Royal Western India Turf Club, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai.
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends