5 things you should know about Verve Magazine
(1) We are 25 years old. Started by Anuradha Mahindra in 1995, we turned 18 in December of 2013, in a stellar issue that you can see here, and our 22nd-anniversary issue is a landmark edition that focusses on what’s dominating many a conversation at the moment, right from sustainability to politics and the search for one’s identity in a digital world.
(2) We are India’s first and only home-grown women’s luxury lifestyle monthly. Being a glossy, the emphasis on paper, printing, processing and aesthetics is intrinsic, but what people come back to us for is the quality of content. We’ve been told that we stand out as a reader’s magazine. And that’s not an anomaly for a good-looking glossy.
(3) We have the coolest office in the most iconic part of South Bombay — right behind Regal cinema, on Colaba Causeway. Our walls are red, green and a bunch of other colours with a warm vibe that gets our writers’ creative juices flowing.
(4) Some of our team has been with the publication for longer than they can recall. And they don’t seem to mind it.
(5) We’ve always been a platform for talent to find a voice and gain recognition. Some of the most iconic, creative individuals have first been seen in the pages of Verve.
Vervemagazine.in was launched April 2014.
EDITOR & PUBLISHER Anuradha Mahindra
CREATIVE DIRECTOR Divya Mahindra
EDITORIAL DIRECTOR Aalika Mahindra
PR & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR Arti Sarin
JUNIOR DIGITAL WRITER Sadaf Shaikh
EDITORIAL Shraddha Jahagirdar-Saxena (Executive Editor), Shirin Mehta (Fashion Features & Lifestyle Editor), Rymn Masand (Creative Consultant), Ranjabati Das (Copy Editor & Associate Features Editor), Zaral Shah (Junior Writer & Coordinator), Mala Vaishnav (Editorial Consultant), Nisha Akasha Paul (Contributing Writer – London)
FASHION & BEAUTY Akanksha Pandey (Junior Fashion Editor), Shweta Navandar (Senior Fashion Stylist)
ART Minal Shetty (Art Director), Varghees Tharakan & Swati Sinha (Senior Designers), Joshua Navalkar (Photo Editor & Videographer), Mansi Shah (Associate Coordinator)
AD SALES AND MARKETING Puneet Dhawan (Regional Manager – North)
Madhu Jain is an author and a journalist. She writes for several publications and is currently working on her next book. She also curates art shows.