4 Ways To Dress Your Tresses like Khaleesi Does
Anyone who can rock six braids at once definitely deserves to be the mother of dragons. Forget her cool determination, gritty conviction and avid perseverance, Daenerys Targaryen aka Khaleesi can just rely on her power braids to command respect. To beat the Indian heat, manipulate your hair – curls, twists, braids and all—the Khaleesi way.
Rohit Solanki, TIGI Educator, shows us how to perfect the pulled back rope braids.
1. After drying the hair, tong large sections vertically to create a bit of texture.
2. Then start a loose twisted braid high on the sides and have it trail down at the back.
3. Leave all hair under the braid loose and spray TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl Spray to retain the curls.
Solanki tells us how to let the braids rest on the curls.
1. Dry the hair with a blow dryer and smoothen using a flat brush.
2. Use a curling tong through hair with the tongs in a horizontal position so as to create more movement.
3. Take a triangle section with its base on the front hairline and split it in two, braid the left and the right separately.
4. Merge them at the back just above the occipital bone.
5. Then braid the remaining hair the same way from both sides and have them merge in the centre near the nape.
6. Leave out small chunks to soften the look and spray TIGI Bed Head Masterpeice for hold.
Nikhil Sharma, Art Director, Toni&Guy Salons, North India, gives a step-by-step guide on how to weave the quadruple braids into a giant plait.
1. There are two set of braids, one high and one low, and both are merged into one big plait. Start by blow drying the hair.
2. Do a center parting, and then take one-inch section on both the sides of the parting. Further sub divide both the sections into three smaller sections; make a braid on both the sides, following the head shape to create a tiara-like shape with the braids and tie a knot at the crown.
3. Near the ear on both the sides, take two more sections to braid.
4. Again, following the head shape tie both the braids at the nape.
5. Mix both the braids together, and start making a larger plait with the rest of the hair. Secure the ends with a rubber band. Use some hairspray to tame fly-aways.
The Plaited Saga
Sharma sets out to demystify this braided hairdo…
1. Take a section over the ear, divide the section into three further parts, and start braiding this section from the front of the head to the top of the ear, secure it with a knot.
2. Now from the other side take a similar section and start braiding.
3. Follow the curve of the head till you reach the first braid.
4. Continue braiding both the sections till you finish the rest of the hair.
5. Secure with a rubber band.
6. A section of the hair, two centimeter thick, is left loose to create softness around the face.
Related posts from Verve:
Sorry. No data so far.
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends