Verve Wedding Diaries #16: Five SuperFoods for Gorgeous Hair
Five SuperFoods for Gorgeous Hair
- Greek Yogurt: Contains vitamin B5 known as pantothenic acid, which is responsible for increasing blood flow to the scalp and enhancing hair growth.
- Spirulina: Comprises plant chlorophyll, high in iron, vitamin A and lean protein, all of which do their bit to prevent hair fall.
- Sweet Potato: This is high in antioxidant properties as it contains beta carotene and vitamin A. It reduces dullness in hair and can be used as a good snacking option.
- Eggs: High in vitamin B7, also called biotin, is a water-soluble nutrient which aids in healthy hair growth.
- Salmon: Oily fishes such as salmon, sardine and mackerel contain omega-3 essential fatty acids that help to add shine and fullness to the hair.
Get It On Your Plate
Everyday Breakfast: Two whole eggs + roasted sweet potato/iron-fortified cereals. This gives a jump-start to your hair health, by packing in good fibre-based complex carbohydrates.
Thrice A Week: Fresh fruit juice + 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder.
The spirulina powder is a good protein fix for vegetarians. Introduce Greek yogurt as part of your meal along with salad. Greek yogurt is low on lactose, and hence can also be consumed by those who are lactose-intolerant.
Dinner: Grilled salmon and baby spinach salad. The essential fats and protein from fish and the iron and vitamin C from spinach work in combination to offer protection from any hair damage.
– Krushmi Chheda,
Ffitness Expert and Nutritionist