Chanel’s Haute Couture Fall 2015 Collection Decoded
Like the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi, where gold is churned out of a vending machine, we’ve always hoped that the same would be true when it comes to our favourite fashion brands. The Gods finally answered our prayers as the Grand Palais was transformed into a casino, and Chanel’s fall collection rolled out like winning numbers in a roulette.
On set, blackjack tables seated famous celebrities in personalised Chanel gowns. Their ensembles were accessorised with re-editions in platinum and diamonds of the Bijoux de Diamants collection which was created by Mademoiselle Chanel in 1932.
Besides the meticulously crafted set, and superstar guest list, it was the clothes that had game. Structured, graphic silhouettes were seen in the form of suits and asymmetric evening dresses. The most forward of techniques used was that of ‘selective laser sintering’, which is another name for 3D printing. These ensembles were painted, embroidered with beads, lined with satin, and braided in leather. The iconic tweed dresses and suits were trimmed with the new Chanel braid, and old-school slingback booties and geometric heels completed the look.
Get the beauty look:
The skin was first prepared using Hydra Beauty products. For the make-up look, Verve gives you a quick product guide.
1. Complexion: Vitalumiere Aqua, Eclat Lumiere, Correcteur Perfection, Poudre Universelle Libre, Poudre Les Beiges
2. Eyes: Le Sourcil De Chanel “Brun” (N°20), Le Volume Ultra-Noir De Chanel “Noir Khôl” (N°90) from the Blue Rhythm Collection
3. Cheeks: Rouge Coco “Coco” (N°416), Joues Contraste “Ultra-Rose”*(N°74), Joues Contraste “Frivole” (N°76)
4. Lips: Le Crayon Levres “Rouge Profond” (N°57), Rouge Allure Velvet “La Bouleversante” N°51 from the 2015 Fall Collection
5. Nails: La Base from the 2015 Fall Collection, Le Vernis “Beige Pur” (N°659), Le Vernis “Black Satin” (N°219), Le Top Coat from the 2015 Fall Collection
In front row: