Into The Zen Space With Satish Gupta
Click on any image to view in larger gallery
Painter. Sculptor. Poet. Writer. Print Maker. Muralist. Designer. Satish Gupta is truly an artist without boundaries. His latest show, Zen Space presents to viewers a collection of sculptures, paintings and haikus, from the artist’s oeuvre. From his carvings of Buddha to his spiritual poems, each creation is a glimpse into the renowned creator’s talent. As the press note for the show says, ‘in his works there is a sense of calm detachment, an assurance that he is both participant and observer in his own life’. Now, viewers can be a part of this life too.
5 Questions with the artist, Satish Gupta
- Artistic Motivations “The miracle of life itself! Being aware of its wonders every instant and experiencing it intensely is what fuels my creativity.”
- Inspirations “The Buddhas within each one of us.”
- On the wall at home “I would love to have a Gaitonde; and sculptures of the Chola bronzes.”
- Concerns that find a place in your art “The ugliness, aggression, and insensitivity of human beings towards each other and nature. When spirituality is missing, this is bound to happen.”
- If not an artist, you would be… “A wandering cloud!”
Zen Space is on display at Visual Art Gallery, New Delhi (India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road) until March 31, 2016.