Kanika Shah’s Love for Red
Twenty-eight year old painter, printmaker and toymaker Kanika Shah has an unusual way of penning her memoirs. She illustrates them in her artworks. In her first solo show, Me & Red, in Association with [email protected] – The Artist Studio Baroda, Shah presents large woodcuts and drawings on paper, of events and scenes that have shaped and influenced her life. This is one ‘diary’ we’d love to read.
5 Questions with the artist, Kanika Shah
- Artistic Motivations “Being, the existence of anyone…. One might see the self in the world. Every day of life, every experience, though being very general, becomes an important aspect…
- Inspirations “I see the world through my eyes, my pleasures and displeasures…”
- On the wall at home “Frida Kahlo, Kiki Smith, Arpita Singh.”
- Concerns that find a place in your art “Women’s points of view about life.”
- If not an artist, you would be… “I never imagined myself as anything else.”
Me & Red is on display at Art Entrance Gallery, Mumbai (Army Navy Building Foyer, 148, M.G. Road, Kala Ghoda) until November 27, 2015.
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends