Anjaneyulu G’s Astonishing Expendables
What if I told you pots and pans are beautiful? Or that a kettle is the prettiest thing I’ve seen? If you have an artistic mind, you’d be able to see beauty in the mundane as well. With this approach, artist Anjaneyulu G’s ongoing solo show, Astonishing Expendables has him create colourful artworks using daily objects like milk cans and food jars. The result is a mix of the quirky and the creative – delightful illusions that will hold your attention for more than just a moment. Still life has never looked this cool.
5 Questions with the artist, Anjaneyulu G
- Artistic Motivations “My two brothers were also artists. There was always an artistic atmosphere at home when I was a child.”
- Inspirations “The great masters and a few seniors from my college.”
- On the wall at home “Van Gogh, Chuck Close, and SH Raza.”
- Concerns that find a place in your art “We’ve lost touch with the simple life…I am trying to get people to notice day-to-day things…trying to make these the models in my paintings.”
- If not an artist, you would be…“an art critic.”
Astonishing Expendables is on display at India Fine Art, Mumbai (Film Center Building, 3rd Floor, 68, Tardeo Road) until December 3, 2015.
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends