Verve Exclusive #FirstLook: Gaurav Gupta’s Autumn Winter 2016 Collection
Gaurav Gupta’s Autumn Winter 2016 collection to be shown at Amazon India Fashion Week is an environmentally conscious one. Spurred on by the increasing climate change and Delhi’s alarming pollution levels, the designer has created a line charged with a message. Below, he gives us an exclusive sneak peek at the clothes.
Gaurav Gupta spoke to us about his collection titled ‘Melt’…
1. What was the inspiration behind this collection? What is the significance of the name ‘Melt’?
“The inspiration behind my collection ‘Melt’ is the climate change which is a living reality for us. I certainly feel that some parts of the world, as we know it, are either going to freeze or melt. I’ve been overthinking the near future of our world. The overthinking of that reality made me delve into how things melt and that’s what inspired this collection. There is a feeling of melancholic apocalypse in the collection.”
2. In what ways is this an environmentally friendly collection?
“While trying to spread awareness about climate change, this collection is an attempt from me to be a bit more ecological. Some of the garments in this collection are zero-waste garments where we have tried to use our draping techniques in a way that there is zero or no wastage of fabric.”
3. What key pieces from the collection would you recommend to people and why?
“Some of our long molten gowns, our structured asymmetric jackets with trousers and our structured embroidered jackets with pockets are quite exciting. We’ve also explored the flared empire silhouette and flock-coat gowns, which would be really interesting for winter.”
4. What do you want people to take away from this show?
“I want people to start talking seriously about what we should do about this world that we live in.”
Related posts from Verve:
- These Jewellery Pieces Are Crafted Out Of Indian History, Yet Have A Modern Flavour
- Verve Exclusive: Naina Bachchan and Kunal Kapoor’s Fairy-Tale Love Story
- Meet The Man Who Became CEO Of Neuro-Insight At 25
- Meet 22-Year-Old Shweta Katti, A Girl From Kamathipura Who Was Consul General Of Canada For A Day
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends