Beauty Notebook: Bold and Beautiful Lips
Oblivious to the passage of seasons and time, red in all its shades continues to rule the runways. Since there are so many hues to choose from, right from coral to oxblood, it’s easy to find one that enhances your complexion. But Sonic Sarwate, global senior make-up artist for MAC, urges us to be adventurous. After working backstage at various international fashion weeks, including NYFW, he states, “Fall ’16 is about beautiful skin and the most evil lip colours you have ever seen.” Take a cue from Tarun Tahiliani (LFW Winter/Festive 2016) for dangerous berry mouths, or Dior (London Fashion Week Fall 2016) for lacquered black cherry pouts. To make a powerful statement, go with either extreme matt or super-glossy lips.
Use complementary or contrasting shades for an arty look. Here’s how to go ombre on lips: apply the main shade. Apply the darker shade on the contour. Apply the lighter shade on the centre. Blend all three shades.
– Lisa Eldridge, Creative Director, Lancôme
Related posts from Verve:
- Model-Cum-Biker Priyanka Kochhar’s Love Affair With Motorcycles
- Meet Shahzad Bhiwandiwala, The Boy With The Exceptional Talent Of Breathing Life Into His Toys
- 17 Things You Should Know If You Call Yourself A Shraddha Kapoor Fan
- Technology In The Classroom: How Teach A Class Foundation Is Driving Change
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends