6 Things To Expect At IMC 2015
The Women Entrepreneurs (WE) exhibition by the Indian Merchants’ Chamber’s Ladies’ Wing is cementing its place as a seminal event among the wide spectrum of activities that crowd the social calendar of the elite of Mumbai. And true to form, this year too, it offers an exciting platform for shoppers and businesswomen alike, with a majority of 170 skilled women from across the country showing exclusively designed and bespoke fashion, lifestyle, and home décor products.
1. This edition, has successful professionals like singer Kanika Kapoor and actor Padmini Kolhapure along with designers Delna Poonawala and Malani Ramani coming together to exhibit their designs and promote the cause close to their heart.
2. Look out for their new brand, WE Couture – an exposition that is aimed at helping fading art and crafts communities as well as encouraging small businesses worth knowing about.
3. This year the theme, which integrates its participants and members, is WISE – which stands for Women, Integration, Skills and Entrepreneurship. It is aimed at supporting, facilitating and introducing new opportunities for women.
4. For the very first time, the shopping extravaganza will also launch a group of young budding artists who will exhibit selected art works in order to nurture female talent.
5. As a show of support, 10 NGOs will be given the free space in order to encourage engagement in arts and crafts, and inculcate a sense of self-reliance.
6. It takes place a few weeks before Diwali which means that the timing is perfect to splurge on customised gifts showcasing innovation, skill and originality.
Related posts from Verve:
- These Jewellery Pieces Are Crafted Out Of Indian History, Yet Have A Modern Flavour
- Verve Exclusive: Naina Bachchan and Kunal Kapoor’s Fairy-Tale Love Story
- Meet The Man Who Became CEO Of Neuro-Insight At 25
- Meet 22-Year-Old Shweta Katti, A Girl From Kamathipura Who Was Consul General Of Canada For A Day
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends