Brushes and Backwaters
Capturing what is called ‘God’s Own Country’ on canvas, acclaimed contemporary artist Paresh Maity presents an exhibition of watercolour paintings titled An Enchanting Journey in Kerala. The artist, who will mark his 70th solo exhibition with this show, has depicted his experience in the Southern state using warm colours and imagery of waters, animals and scenery that Kerala is known for.
5 Questions with the artist, Paresh Maity
- Artistic motivations “My senses, my life, art and joy of beauty, and also aesthetics.”
- Inspirations “Nature and people from anywhere and everywhere.”
- On the wall at home “Any artists whose artworks and lives inspire me.”
- Concerns that find a place in your art “Peace, harmony and beauty.”
- If not an artist you would be…“Musician, as music is also a form of art which I am very fond of and love to listen to.”
An Enchanting Journey in Kerala is on display at Hyatt Ahmedabad (Near Vastrapur Lake,Vastrapur), until January 26, 2015.
Related posts from Verve:
- Verve Exclusive: Naina Bachchan and Kunal Kapoor’s Fairy-Tale Love Story
- Shilarna Vaze And Christophe Perrin Talk About Their Adventures With Food
- Meet The Sisters Who Are Leading Sri Lanka’s Creative Renaissance
- An Exclusive Peek Into Designer Naina Shah And Hotelier Abhishek Honawar’s Intimate Nuptials
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends