Minding The Gap With Dia Mehta Bhupal
Click on any image to view in larger gallery
Giving photography a twist, Hyderabad-based artist Dia Mehta Bhupal creates unusual images of ordinary spaces, but adding her own touch to each. In her debut solo show, Mind The Gap, Bhupal constructs images from magazines, newspapers and cardboard, for a unique outcome. “Each roll comes with its own text to create myriad stories from different cultures, time periods and genres,” she says about her art. You’ll never see supermarkets the same way again.
5 Questions with the artist, Dia Mehta Bhupal
- Artistic Motivations “The liberty to communicate visually.”
- Inspirations “My surroundings and experiences, the people I interact with and the places I experience.”
- On the wall at home “My friends’ works, mostly.”
- Concerns that find a place in your art “The world itself!”
- If not an artist, you would be… “A lawyer.”
Mind The Gap is on display at Gallery Ske, New Delhi (14F Shivam House 1st Floor, Connaught Place) until April 15, 2016.
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends