5 things you should know about Verve Magazine
(1) We are 22 years old. Started by Anuradha Mahindra in 1995, we turned 18 in December of 2013, in a stellar issue that you can see here, and our 20th-anniversary issue is a landmark edition with a collaborative ‘hybrid’ cover. Alternatively, we’d love to show you our first issue (with model Melody D’Cunha on the black-and-white cover), but our archives are a bit dusty. We’re working on that.
(2) We are India’s first and only home-grown women’s luxury lifestyle monthly. Being a glossy, the emphasis on paper, printing, processing and aesthetics is intrinsic, but what people come back to us for is the quality of content. We’ve been told that we stand out as a reader’s magazine. And that’s not an anomaly for a good-looking glossy.
(3) We have the coolest office in the most iconic part of South Bombay. Right behind Regal cinema, on Colaba Causeway. Our walls are red, green and a bunch of other colours. Our Verve Lounges – where the reception turns into a bar and the invite-only guest list talks about the new trends in art, culture and fashion – are now legendary.
(4) Some of our team has been with the publication for longer than they can recall. And they don’t seem to mind it.
(5) We’ve always been a platform for talent to find a voice and gain recognition. Some of the most iconic, creative individuals have first been seen in the pages of Verve.
Vervemagazine.in was launched April 2014.
EDITOR & PUBLISHER Anuradha Mahindra
CREATIVE DIRECTOR Divya Mahindra
EDITORIAL DIRECTOR Aalika Mahindra
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER Pallavi Kanchan
PR & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR Arti Sarin
JUNIOR DIGITAL WRITERS Sadaf Shaikh, Shubham Ladha
DIGITAL ADVERTISING MANAGER Sneha Kulkarni
EDITORIAL Shraddha Jahagirdar-Saxena (Executive Editor), Shirin Mehta (Fashion Features & Lifestyle Editor), Rymn Masand (Travel Editor-at-Large), Ranjabati Das (Copy Editor), Huzan Tata (Senior Writer), Saumya Sinha & Tina Dastur (Junior Writers), Zaral Shah (Junior Writer & Coordinator), Mala Vaishnav (Editorial Consultant), Nisha Akasha Paul (Contributing Writer – London)
FASHION Ekta Rajani (Consulting Fashion Director), Shweta Navandar (Senior Fashion Stylist), Ojas Kolvankar (Junior Fashion Stylist)
ART Minal Shetty (Art Director), Varghees Tharakan & Swati Sinha (Senior Designers), Mansi Shah (Associate Coordinator)
AD SALES AND MARKETING Caroline Samson (General Manager, Sales), Sanya Podar (Brand Solutions Manager), Aviva Patel (Senior Manager, Brand Strategy), Nisha Gajaria (Marketing Executive), Puneet Dhawan (Regional Manager – North), Sanjay K Jariwal (Advertising Representative – South)
Verve Editor-at-Large Parmesh Shahani heads the Godrej India Culture Lab. He is a TED Fellow, MIT Futures of Entertainment Fellow, Utrecht-Impakt Fellow, the author of the non-fiction book Gay Bombay (2008), and often speaks about Indian cultural shifts at conferences all over the world.
Madhu Jain is an author and a journalist. She writes for several publications and is currently working on her next book. She also curates art shows.
- Paper Tigress: Sabeena Karnik On The Art Of Quilling
- Designers To Watch Out For In 2018: Aanchal Goel And Sugandh Kumar Of Objectry
- How Utharaa L Zacharias And Palaash Chaudhary Of Soft-Geometry Find A Peculiar Beauty In Basic Shapes
- How Chef Preeti Mistry Is Redefining Indian Flavours Under American Influence
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends