5 things you should know about Verve Magazine
(1) We are 18 years old. Really. Started by Anuradha Mahindra in 1995, we turned 18 December 2013, in a stellar issue that you can see here. Alternatively, we’d love to show you our first issue (with model Melody D’Cunha on the black-and-white cover), but our archives are a bit dusty. We’re working on that.
(2) We are India’s first and only home-grown women’s luxury lifestyle monthly. Being a glossy, the emphasis on paper, printing, processing and aesthetics is intrinsic, but what people come back to us for is the quality of content. We’ve been told that we stand out as a reader’s magazine. And that’s not an anomaly for a good-looking glossy.
(3) We have the coolest office in the most iconic part of South Bombay. Right behind Regal cinema, on Colaba Causeway. Our walls are red, green and a bunch of other colours. Our Verve Lounges – where the reception turns into a bar and the invite-only guest list talks about the new trends in art, culture and fashion – are now legendary.
(4) Some of our team has been with the publication for longer than they can recall. And they don’t seem to mind it.
(5) We’ve always been a platform for talent to find a voice and gain recognition. Some of the most iconic, creative individuals have first been seen in the pages of Verve.
EDITOR & PUBLISHER Anuradha Mahindra
MANAGING EDITOR Mala Vaishnav
CEO & CREATIVE DIRECTOR Falguni Kapadia
DIGITAL EDITOR Sitanshi Talati-Parikh
VP MARKETING & SALES Priyanka Nagpal
FASHION DIRECTOR Nisha Jhangiani
ART DIRECTOR Ashima Gupta
HEAD PR & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS Arti Sarin
JUNIOR DIGITAL WRITER Wyanet Vaz
EDITORIAL Shraddha Jahagirdar-Saxena, Shirin Mehta, Simone Louis, Neha Gupta
AD SALES AND MARKETING Bijal Mehta, Aarti Rajkhewa, Freshia Mistry
DESIGN Divya Mahindra, Soumya Kumar
PHOTOGRAPHY Poulomi Dey
Verve Editor-at-Large Parmesh Shahani heads the Godrej India Culture Lab. He is a TED Fellow, MIT Futures of Entertainment Fellow, Utrecht-Impakt Fellow, the author of the non-fiction book Gay Bombay (2008), and often speaks about Indian cultural shifts at conferences all over the world.
Madhu Jain is an author and a journalist. She writes for several publications and is currently working on her next book. She also curates art shows.
We have a features focus in every issue, with some of our annual content properties being iconic, best-sellers and original. We also have exciting supplements including travel, food & wine, interiors, luxury and Verve Man.
January carries our Fresh List, with a group of young trendsetters of the future.
February has our Bollywood Style Awards with our pick of the most trend-setting fashions from Indian cinema in the previous year.
March and April are our travel specials.
May is our fashion issue with in-depth coverage and decoding of the fashion weeks.
June heralds one of our best-selling properties, the heavy-weight Power Issue, listing 50 of India’s most powerful women.
July‘s Art Issue has become one of our most recent iconic properties, considered a coffee-table collector’s edition, with frame-able art and exclusive content, covering themes like Pop Art (2013) and Portraiture (2014).
August has an India focus.
September is bridal-themed.
October is our annual Best Dressed List.
November explores luxury.
December is our much-celebrated anniversary issue.
***Every reason to not miss a single one! Subscribe here now.
Soothe your unbalanced soul amidst the ancient forests of Dehradun at the Vana Malsi Estate:http://t.co/gP5OSF7EfT http://t.co/3GW7gGLkHb
Decor brand #WhiteWindow launched its new collection with a stylish soiree.See the divas who rocked the guestlist: http://t.co/WE0uhQZRDT
From dramatic lashes to delicate supple skin, here's your beauty fix for the week! http://t.co/MYVUYoU8mW http://t.co/39xT5QCoGX
us on Facebook to follow our updates and special events