5 things you should know about Verve Magazine
(1) We are 20 years old. Started by Anuradha Mahindra in 1995, we turned 18 in December of 2013, in a stellar issue that you can see here, and our 20th anniversary issue is a landmark edition with a collaborative ‘hybrid’ cover. Alternatively, we’d love to show you our first issue (with model Melody D’Cunha on the black-and-white cover), but our archives are a bit dusty. We’re working on that.
(2) We are India’s first and only home-grown women’s luxury lifestyle monthly. Being a glossy, the emphasis on paper, printing, processing and aesthetics is intrinsic, but what people come back to us for is the quality of content. We’ve been told that we stand out as a reader’s magazine. And that’s not an anomaly for a good-looking glossy.
(3) We have the coolest office in the most iconic part of South Bombay. Right behind Regal cinema, on Colaba Causeway. Our walls are red, green and a bunch of other colours. Our Verve Lounges – where the reception turns into a bar and the invite-only guest list talks about the new trends in art, culture and fashion – are now legendary.
(4) Some of our team has been with the publication for longer than they can recall. And they don’t seem to mind it.
(5) We’ve always been a platform for talent to find a voice and gain recognition. Some of the most iconic, creative individuals have first been seen in the pages of Verve.
Vervemagazine.in was launched April 2014.
EDITOR & PUBLISHER Anuradha Mahindra
MANAGING EDITOR Mala Vaishnav
CEO & CREATIVE DIRECTOR Falguni Kapadia
DEPUTY MANAGING EDITOR & DIGITAL EDITOR Sitanshi Talati-Parikh
MARKETING DIRECTOR Bijal Mehta
HEAD PR & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS Arti Sarin
FASHION DIRECTOR Nisha Jhangiani
ART DIRECTOR Ashima Gupta
SENIOR DIGITAL WRITER Wyanet Vaz
JUNIOR DIGITAL WRITER Tanisha Choudhury
DIGITAL ADVERTISING MANAGER Nandini Barjatiya
DIGITAL MARKETING EXECUTIVE Natasha Sahjwani
EDITORIAL Shraddha Jahagirdar-Saxena (Executive Editor), Shirin Mehta (Fashion Features & Lifestyle Editor), Ranjabati Das (Copy Editor), Simone Louis (Junior Writer), Huzan Tata (Junior Writer), Saumya Sinha (Junior Writer), Zaral Shah (Junior Writer & Coordinator), Aparrna Gupta (Contributing Beauty Editor)
AD SALES AND MARKETING Aarti Rajkhewa (Senior Manager West), Nisha Gajaria (Marketing Coordinator)
DESIGN Divya Mahindra
Verve Editor-at-Large Parmesh Shahani heads the Godrej India Culture Lab. He is a TED Fellow, MIT Futures of Entertainment Fellow, Utrecht-Impakt Fellow, the author of the non-fiction book Gay Bombay (2008), and often speaks about Indian cultural shifts at conferences all over the world.
Madhu Jain is an author and a journalist. She writes for several publications and is currently working on her next book. She also curates art shows.
We have a features focus in every Print issue, with some of our annual content properties being iconic, best-sellers and original. We also have exciting supplements including travel, food & wine, interiors, luxury and Verve Man.
January carries our Fresh List, with a group of young trendsetters of the future.
February has our Bollywood Style Awards with our pick of the most trend-setting fashions from Indian cinema in the previous year.
March and April are our travel specials.
May has an extensive fashion focus.
June heralds one of our best-selling properties, the heavy-weight Power Issue, listing 50 of India’s most powerful women.
July‘s Art Issue has become one of our most recent iconic properties, considered a coffee-table collector’s edition, with frame-able art and exclusive content, covering themes like Pop Art (2013), Portraiture (2014), Storytelling (2015).
August has an India focus.
September is bridal-themed.
October carries our annual Best Dressed List.
November looks at global Indians.
December is our much-celebrated anniversary issue.
***Every reason to not miss a single one! Subscribe here now.
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends