5 things you should know about Verve Magazine
(1) We are 21 years old. Started by Anuradha Mahindra in 1995, we turned 18 in December of 2013, in a stellar issue that you can see here, and our 20th anniversary issue is a landmark edition with a collaborative ‘hybrid’ cover. Alternatively, we’d love to show you our first issue (with model Melody D’Cunha on the black-and-white cover), but our archives are a bit dusty. We’re working on that.
(2) We are India’s first and only home-grown women’s luxury lifestyle monthly. Being a glossy, the emphasis on paper, printing, processing and aesthetics is intrinsic, but what people come back to us for is the quality of content. We’ve been told that we stand out as a reader’s magazine. And that’s not an anomaly for a good-looking glossy.
(3) We have the coolest office in the most iconic part of South Bombay. Right behind Regal cinema, on Colaba Causeway. Our walls are red, green and a bunch of other colours. Our Verve Lounges – where the reception turns into a bar and the invite-only guest list talks about the new trends in art, culture and fashion – are now legendary.
(4) Some of our team has been with the publication for longer than they can recall. And they don’t seem to mind it.
(5) We’ve always been a platform for talent to find a voice and gain recognition. Some of the most iconic, creative individuals have first been seen in the pages of Verve.
Vervemagazine.in was launched April 2014.
EDITOR & PUBLISHER Anuradha Mahindra
CREATIVE DIRECTOR Divya Mahindra
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER Pallavi Kanchan
MANAGING EDITOR Mala Vaishnav
MARKETING DIRECTOR Bijal Mehta
PR & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR Arti Sarin
ASSISTANT DIGITAL EDITOR Wyanet Vaz
JUNIOR DIGITAL WRITERS Tanisha Choudhury, Sadaf Shaikh
DIGITAL ADVERTISING MANAGERS Nandini Barjatiya, Sneha Kulkarni
DIGITAL MARKETING EXECUTIVE Natasha Sahjwani
EDITORIAL Shraddha Jahagirdar-Saxena (Executive Editor), Shirin Mehta (Fashion Features & Lifestyle Editor), Amishi Parekh (Contributing Features Editor), Ranjabati Das (Copy Editor), Simone Louis, Nittal Chandarana & Huzan Tata (Senior Writers), Saumya Sinha & Tina Dastur (Junior Writers), Zaral Shah (Junior Writer & Coordinator), Aparrna Gupta (Contributing Beauty Editor)
FASHION Nirali Mehta (Style Consultant), Shweta Navandar (Senior Fashion Stylist), Anuradha Gandhi (Junior Fashion Stylist)
ART Varghees Tharakan (Senior Designer), Prateek Patel (Junior Photographer)
AD SALES AND MARKETING Aviva Patel (Senior Manager, Brand Strategy), Nisha Gajaria (Marketing Coordinator), Puneet Dhawan
Verve Editor-at-Large Parmesh Shahani heads the Godrej India Culture Lab. He is a TED Fellow, MIT Futures of Entertainment Fellow, Utrecht-Impakt Fellow, the author of the non-fiction book Gay Bombay (2008), and often speaks about Indian cultural shifts at conferences all over the world.
Madhu Jain is an author and a journalist. She writes for several publications and is currently working on her next book. She also curates art shows.
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends