5 Things to do at Shangri-La, Maldives
With luxury hotels located in various cities around the world, Shangri-La Hotels offers the perfect place for a getaway. Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives, located south of the equator, is no exception to their rule of quintessential hospitality. Surrounded by the serene waters of the Indian Ocean, the resort has on offer a series of opulent villas, spacious eateries and their signature Chi Spa.
On landing at the Gan Executive International Airport, take a private speedboat to the resort. The concierge from the hotel sets off the stay with first-class services — a private jet lounge to unwind in, on-site immigration, customs support and fast-paced baggage screening at the airport.
1. Visit the Water Villa: With its infinite view, this villa stands on stilts in the resort’s lagoon and is connected to the rest of the resort via a walkway over blue-green water enclosing thrilling marine life within. Aside from the basic entertainment, connectivity, personal care and refreshments — a personal host, an open-air terrace and an indoor as well as open bath accompany each villa for an innovative and lavish experience. The terrace leads onto a deck with chairs and a hammock, directly over the turquoise ocean, with a few stairs further lowering you into the water.
The other extravagant villa options include their Ocean View Villa, Tree House Villa, Villa Muthee and Villa Laalu. With high-ceilinged bedrooms adorned with exquisitely selected Asian artefacts, sculptures and urns from Indonesia, Sri Lanka and Thailand-Villa Laalu, ‘the jewel in the crown at Villingili’, has, amidst all its charming offerings, a living room with timber-decked verandas and a tub raised from the floor in textured stone.
2. Enjoy a golf day: The golf course at the Villingili Resort covers a wide expanse of profuse green and holds within it the highest peak in the Maldives. The only course of its kind in the area, it is a relaxing place to spend some time amidst awe-inspiring nature, while at the resort.
3. Culinary delights: With four outstanding bars and lounges, eating at the hotel is as pleasant as the stay, especially as each eatery offers a different culinary experience. Fashala, a fine-dining restaurant serves mouth-watering gourmet food as you take in the breathtaking ocean before you. Crafted from local produce obtained from the surrounding waters and neighbouring farms, even vegetarians can feast on their menu. A must-visit for food enthusiasts, Javvu is an all-day dining restaurant serving quality light meals and refined Western cuisine from dawn to dusk. With a dash of Mediterranean in its menu, this restaurant is where one can indulge in steaks and seafood.
4. Boogie the night away: A simple yet classy place, M-Lounge is artistically created in shades of white and cream to suit the sandy beaches and complement the lush green of the island. One of the few high-end live DJ spots in the Maldives, it echoes with quirky musical tunes and engaging beats to accompany dances under the stars.
5. Soul therapy: Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La is set in its own ‘spa village’ within the resort. Palatial treatment villas tend to every sense while the eccentric yoga pavilion offers an uplifting escape. The spa menu makes available a selection of Asian massages and Indian Ayurvedic treatments. Body massage, exercise, stretching, hydrotherapy, relaxation of the mind and meditation combine to provide a rejuvenating experience. The Shangri-La Villingili Resort & Spa, Maldives, surely offers all its guests a worthy and impeccable getaway among the waves.
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends