Verve Exclusive: Beauty Masterclass with Adhuna Akhtar
Did you wake up to a bad hair day? Or, are you too scared to try out a fringe? Well, BBLUNT just launched their range of hair extensions, and we got a first look at the D-I-Y tutorials. Plus, their founder and creative director, Adhuna Akhtar, talks about trending styles this season, and everything you should know about these hair heroes a Q&A below.
1. Why are BBLUNT’s hair extensions the ideal choice?
Avan Contractor is what makes the difference! For years, she has worked with every hair extension brand and has used her expert knowledge to specially design ours. She has carefully worked on the shape of the base of the extension to ensure comfort, ease of use and natural looking hair distribution.
2. Does the product work on all hair types?
a. Coloured hair BBLUNT’s hair extensions are available in natural brown, light brown and dark brown colours. You need to match the hair extension as close as possible to your natural hair colour.
b. Thick, fine or curly hair The ponytail and fringe extensions are a ‘one size fits all’ and work with many hair textures. At BBLUNT, we are happy to custom-cut the fringe extension to suit your face type. If you have thick hair and need extra length, our B Long extension is versatile as it has four pieces to choose from. Depending on the thickness of your hair, you can choose to use just one of the pieces or maybe even all.
3. How can one style these extensions to suit a corporate setting?
The advantage of our extensions is that they are light in weight and easy to use for any occasion. They’re non-committal, giving you a chance to flirt with the idea of having a fringe without actually having to cut it. In a corporate set up, I think you would just have to dress it down a little bit – it’s just a matter of how you work it or what finish you use.
4. What is a trending hairstyle to sport for the summer?
The faux bob is big! We did it last year and we’re seeing that it is quite the rage at the moment. People are actually cutting their hair into bobs. It is a look that can work with most hair textures and most face shapes.
5. What are the colour techniques to try out this season?
What seems to be trending are pastel colours. I have also seen pastels being used in a pixelated format. Over the years we’ve been doing highlights which accentuate areas of your haircut and last year, panels of colour were a trending technique. Pixelating takes elements of both of these techniques and combines them into one. It is more concentrated, highlighting a specific area of a haircut and head shape. It’s lovely and unusual, giving your hair the feel of a modern painting.
6. How does one choose the right hair colour?
I think it is nicer to know your skin tone and eye colour and work with colour combinations that are best suited to you personally. If you want to do something that looks very dramatic, then you can, by all means, go against what your natural colour pigment tells you. If however, you want it to look subtle and blend, it is better to stick to the colours that work with your skin tone, eye colour and of course, your favourite colours in your wardrobe.
7. What are the hair rituals one should follow to avert bad hair days?
1. Get a regular haircut, every six to eight weeks.
2. Use the correct shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. There are many brands available in the market and many options but not everything works for everybody, so it’s often a matter of trial and error to find out which works perfectly for you.
3. Conditioning. In the general day-to-day care of hair, we often use heated appliances or walk out in the sun without any protection for our hair, so protection is key here. For dry coarse hair, you need to add more moisture. For finer, more tired hair, you need to add protein. A combination of the two added to the hair on a regular basis will help maintain lush locks.
8. What are your 3 haircare must-haves?
1. BBLUNT Climate Control leave-in conditioner.
2. A very close friend as a hair dresser.
3. The right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type, as that’s your basic foundation.
Check out BBlunt’s D-I-Y tutorials for each of their extensions.
Look 1: Classic Chic
Look 2: Rapunzel Rapunzel
Look 3: Fairytail
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends