Our event calendar’s back again. October’s a fiercely arty month and there’s so much happening in and around the city, we had a difficult time picking our favourite events. An extensive list of events happening in the bay that the social butterflies, the home-bornes and the uninitiated alike must make time for.
1. Art Attack The Lil Flea, Bandra, October 4 & 5
Head to Bandra for a fun two days of workshops, art, food fiestas, quirk fixes and more. The Lil Flea aims to make the city a little more art-happy and pockets, a little lighter in the process. There’s so much cute stuff here, you have your eye on everything!
2. Life is a musical Le petit Cine concert feat. Le Philharmonique de la roquette, Blue Frog, October 9
A French offering, this will take you back to the era before the talkies. The band will play their music to a movie being screened lending an old world charm to the setting. You want to be there for this concert.
3. Exhibit A Calcutta: Chitpur Road Neighbourhoods, Max Mueller Bhavan, All of October
An exhibition featuring works of 21 German photographers working under the collective name of ‘A Kolkata Heritage Photo Project’.
4. Clarion call for change The National Streets for Performing Arts (NSPA) organises musical evenings at Pushpa Narsee Park, Juhu, every weekend, October 11 onwards.
5. EDM Fare W&W make their way to the city on October 18 at Royalty, Bandra or you could just catch them at the Sunburn Festival at the Mahalaxmi Racecourse on October 11 with a number of other bands. One more for the EDM list.
6. 70mm Odyssey MAMI Film Festival, October 14 – 21, PVR ECX Andheri, Cinemax Theatre Versova, Chandan Cinema, Juhu
They went through all that trouble and managed to get funding for this revolutionary film festival that brings to you global cinema right here in your city. You don’t want to skip this. Richard Linklater’s Boyhood will be screened! So will our Oscar entry – Liar’s Dice. Go register today!
7. Tickled Pretentious Nights, NCPA, October 29
Kanan Gill and Kalyan Biswa do what they’re best at: panning Bollywood potboilers.If you haven’t caught this bug yet, we suggest you check out their hilarious videos on YouTube.
8. Not only for the Kurta, Jhola, Khadi type Tata’s LitLive Fest, NCPA, October 30 – November 2
One of the most important literature festivals in the country, LitLive brings together some of the most eclectic writers and their works under one illustrious roof. Attend book readings, panel discussions and meet with some of the finest in the field.
9. Bombay, but not quite Paragliding at Nirvana Adventures, Kamshet, October 15 onwards
It’s flying season again. Adrenalin junkies head to Kamshet to jump off cliffs and soar through the skies. It’s quite an addictive experience and we’re sure you’re dying to try this out for yourselves. Read more about this experience here.
10. Oodles of doodles The art meter is high with urban expression, memories, postcards and perceptions. Check out: Pocket Maps of the Mind at TARQ, Moving Images at Percept Gallery and Fish In A Dead Landscape at Chemould Prescott Road among others.
Related posts from Verve:
us on Facebook to stay updated with the latest trends